Remo Karpf loves to travel the world

 At cloud level on a jagged mountain foothill, Andean peaks touch the sky, wildflowers sprinkle flecks of pink across the landscape, and miles of irregular terrain occupies the ground below me. During this steep ascent, my legs are burning as I sweat, and my muscles are tense. 

Despite being short, the trail is steep as it meanders up from the base up to the sharply-angled peak, so I am not tired, but I feel a rush of satisfaction after having accomplished a physical challenge such as this. 

Let's put my career aside for a moment 

According to Rey Karpf, I've always been a career person, so I don't take this advice lightly. It is super important to find a career that you enjoy and reflects your strengths and talents, but it is not the be-all and end-all; it's not all I want to do with my time. You can recharge your soul and feed your soul by giving yourself days where work isn't a focus. Most people find it easiest to do this while traveling because it's the only time they are not burdened with work commitments. 

 

Get aside your ego for a while 

In addition to being driven by ego, it is also capable of killing inner peace and happiness. It's easy to feel exhausted, overworked and burned out when satisfying the ego. Additionally, we often find ourselves wondering what we "should" do rather than what we enjoy. Even though the ego is an excellent motivator, many people realize that it is only one part of a well-rounded life when they're away from home. If you do something for the sake of it, I don't think it's excellent, just for your ego. Your ego can still drive your passions, but it shouldn't go your life.

Comments

Popular Posts